CAE SPEAKING TEST TIPS
It's only 15 minutes long, but for many students, the CAE Speaking Test is the most stressful part of Cambridge English: Advanced. A lot of students don't know what to expect, they don't feel confident in their English, and they don't know how to prepare.
This page will help! Keep calm, and keep scrolling down.
WHAT THIS PAGE WILL TEACH YOU
- A simple trick that will make you seem more confident
- The meaning of the phrase 'dead air is a crime' and how it affects you
- Why you shouldn't worry about how good or bad your CAE Speaking Test partner is
- The most common mistakes CAE students make
- How the speaking test has changed in 2015
- The three magic words that will help you pass part 2
- How Roger Federer will help you in part 3
- Why most students get part 4 totally wrong
- Which books will help you prepare
- and much, much more
2. WHY SHOULD I LISTEN TO YOU?
Because what I'm telling you is good advice (for free!) and it works. We've helped more than 120,000 Advanced students get a better grade. Take a look at what your peers from all over the world have to say about CAE Exam Tips:
Also, we've got a Youtube channel with videos, and a Facebook group - we'd love to see you there:
3. WHAT DOES THE CAE SPEAKING TEST LOOK LIKE?
You will join another student for the Speaking Test. There will be two examiners watching you - only one will talk - and there are 4 sections. There are parts where you should talk to the examiner, parts where you talk alone, and parts where you talk to the other student. Everything is explained in more detail below, and you will find lots of tips and advice.
4. HOW SHOULD I START TO PREPARE?
Start by watching this official Cambridge video.
You'll see a couple of students take the test. They do a good job, but with the tips on this website, they would have done even better!
Now use the buttons below to jump to the part you want to focus on, or click 'speaking' at the top of the page to load all the tips in one long, sexy page.